To download offline speech recognition data, follow these steps:
- Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi - If you need help with this, please refer to our guide on How to Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Open the Keyboard - Go to any app where you need to input text, for example, any assessment in Myprogress or the Memos app on Samsung devices.
- Tap on the Microphone Icon - The microphone icon is located immediately to the left of the spacebar, for more information on this, please refer to our guide on using speech recognition (needs linking)
- Tap on the white gear icon - this is located to the left of the large microphone icon.
- Tap on "Languages" - Untick "English (US)", tick "English (UK)" (or any other language[s] you want to speak in) and tap "Save"
- Tap on "Offline speech recognition" - Tap on the "All" tab, scroll down and tap on "English (UK)". Tap "Download"
Note: do not turn off Wi-Fi until the download is complete.