Welcome - An Introduction to MyProgress
Modified on: Thu, 29 Sep, 2016 at 10:33 AM
Myprogress is a web based tool for assessing students in clinical practice. Within practice students can either complete assessments on a computer or a tablet device.
"No WiFi - no problem. There is no need for internet access in the clinical area."
What are the benefits of using myprogress?
- Increased communication & engagement between personal tutors within the University and students / mentors in practice.
- Student and mentor acquisition of digital literacy skills.
- Wifi / internet access is not required in clinical area. The device is synced when the student returns home or attends the campus.
- Mentors have access to their own portal and student assessment. This provides evidence for their triennial review and NMC re-registration.
- Improved academic practice by precluding the falsification of documentation through email-verified sign-off of assessments.
- Improved record keeping; reports can be extracted from the system providing a range of quality assurance data.
- Attendance sheets can be approved on the device and accessed remotely by the HEI and digitally checked.
- Development of a CPD portfolio.
- A bank of assessment tools / instruments can be developed to prevent repetition for academics and increase in sharing opportunities.
- Tutors can forward 'useful information' to the students in practice via the App
What do Students Think About it?
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.